Marion County Master Gardener Association
Garden Grant Request Procedure
Requests are due by March 1
Awards announced by April 1
E-mail to Marion County Master Gardener Association (MCMGA) President, email@example.com. If you don’t have e-mail, send via postal mail to:
MCMGA President c/o Steve Mayer Purdue Extension-Marion County Suite 201, Discovery Hall Indiana State Fairgrounds, 1202 E 38th St., Indianapolis, IN 46205
1. Cover Sheet, including:
- Organization benefiting (not-for-profit organizations only please).
- Name, location & brief history of project.
- Applicant/contact person (name, address, telephone, e-mail).
- Name, address and phone number of person to whom check be made payable.
- Amount requested, requested amounts should not exceed $350.
- New or existing project.
- Prior MCMGA funding.
- Name and contact information of active MCMGA member(s) working with this project. If more than one, indicate which MCMGA member is the lead coordinator.
2. Text of proposal, not to exceed 2 pages with separate budget sheet:
- Summary of project (50 words).
- Clear, concise description of project, including:
- How the project furthers the MCMGA mission?
- Why is the project needed?
- Objectives to be achieved?
- Detailed list of plants, seeds & materials needed (itemization of fund use, drawings/graphs may be included)
- List names of the Master Gardeners and/or Extension Staff working on this project and who is benefitting from this project.
- Anticipated starting and completion date of project.
- Additional donors to your project.
3. Budget sheet, including:
- Materials, labor and program costs.
- Sources and amounts of any funds already raised.
- Total cost of project.
4. A final report with a Project Summary and comments on the program is submitted to MCMGA Board by September 1 (may include photos)
GrantRequest2016 download pdf