MCMGA History

[table id=3 /]
* Dick Crum was the original Extension Educator, retired December 1996
*1992 Formation of MC MGA II (President Dave Miller) meets in evenings at Garfield Park Conservatory
*1998 Steve Mayer became the Extension Educator in April 1997
*1998 the MC MGA donated $1000 to the White River Gardens at the Indianapolis Zoo
*1998 MC MGA got IRS Employer Identification Number
*2001 MC MGA got IRS status as 501 (c) (3) organization and as a charitable organization under Sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) – meaning that we are exempt from federal income tax and that charitable donations to our organization are tax deductible
*2005 MC MGA Evening Meeting first held
*2008 MC MGA and Garfield MGA host MG State Conference
*2010 MC MGA added Membership Chair position
*2012 Extension Office moved to Indiana State Fairgrounds in December 2011; at Intech Park since 2002